- Full-stack software engineer in ecommerce at Hy-Vee
- Backend focus (Node.js), with experience in React and Next.js
- Passionate about developing scalable, maintainable, well-tested software that makes a difference in others' lives
- Degrees from Iowa State University
- Master's – Applied Linguistics (computational emphasis)
- Bachelor's – Linguistics (with TESL minor)
- Bachelor's – World Languages and Cultures (Spanish emphasis)
- Always ready and excited for a new challenge!
Skills / Technologies
Custom-tailored for managing my family's finances. You know, accounting stuff.
What I learned: I've gone through multiple iterations of this project, learning more and more as I go. It started in Python with Google Sheets as the backend and has now evolved into a single-page Next app powered by automated email scraping and categorization.
Technologies:Next.js, MySQL, Styled Components
Custom-made platform for my past students. Included an appointment scheduler, anonymous messaging, automated homework grading, and grade reports.
What I learned: This was my first-ever playground for learning real web development. I had a deadline and real users to build new features for. It started out using the Pug templating language, which I eventually re-vamped into React as I was preparing for my first job at Hy-Vee.
Technologies:React, Express, Bootstrap
Learned the basics of web dev. Would 1000% recommend to anyone looking to get their feet wet in programming!
What I learned: Can't speak highly enough of this, given the fundamentals I learned during this challenge. Got the chance to build some simple static sites using the basic HTML, CSS, and JS that I was learning. Everything built on top of this!
Technologies:Vanilla HTML, CSS, & JS
- Promoted to Software Engineer II 🎉Thankful for everyone who helped me get here!
- Presented new testing strategy to 80+ fellow engineers 😆Pioneered the evaluation and adoption of a new testing strategy for React code to speed up development, increase confidence, and encourage refactoring. Then I got to deliver a presentation on it to my colleagues at work!
- Iowa STATEment Makers award 🏆Honored by the ISU Alumni Center for early professional accomplishments. Check it out!
- Daughter born 👶🏻She's the best!
- Software Engineer I at Hy-Vee 👨🏻💻Started my career on the Aisles Online team
- Graduated with Master's degree 🎓Got my M.A. in Applied Linguistics, focusing on computational and corpus linguistics. Check out my thesis! Semantic relatedness in L2 vocabulary learning: Does it really matter?
Check out what I've been reading recently 🤓
Have a recommendation? Shoot me a link below!